Holy crap on a cracker!! if anyone was here over the past few days they may have seen that someone left their FREAKIN’ maintenance mode turned on after editing someone’s blog. I think I shall fire her…me…what?
On to my post…
Between; not during; Thanksgiving and Christmas my youngest daughter came home from college in a foreign land. She had to leave that country. Heh…to renew her visa.
Anyhoo while she was home on holiday
she took over one of my sewing machines and borrowed
a bunch of fabric to sew gifts for her Mates back in her foreign land.
I did get selfish and did not let her have my newest Lotta Jansdotter fabric…bad mommy award coming my way soon.
She sewed her first bags ever. She installed her first zips ever. She altered patterns. She is a sewing natural.
Awesome? Why YES she is.
We went to our favorite AND BEST pizza place in Austin,
We had a wonder albeit short time together. We journeyed 3+ hours north to DFW airport. Twice. Which required treating ourselves to
In N Out. Twice.
We said goodbye.
I sent her back to the foreign land. Down Under.
I cried most of the drive home.
She doesn’t always make goofy faces. She. Is. A. BEAUTY!
Even though I have made plenty of Yo-Yos from “scratch”…without a Yo-Yo maker… I must say this little gadget is amazing! I was able to show my ChicaBean how to use it and she made these:
Let’s see. I won’t go into all of it but this is some of what has taken over my life recently:
- Went to CA to spend time with my mother, stay with my big Sister and meet up with my brother whom I have seen twice in the past 20+ years. Mostly a wonderful time except for…
- Caught some bug while on the airplane to San Francisco
- Got terribly, horribly, no good, very bad sick while there. Totally missing my chance to meet up with Pam
- Returned home and immediately packed up and moved to a new home…losing my sewing studio in the process. We are downsizing. Time to get creative with merging my sewing / quilting / spinning / knitting and all the good things that go with them into living space with the rest of the family.
- Still buried in boxes. Wanting to REALLY arrange and store and organize and decorate with mindful intention.
I want to reformat and expand my blog. Don’t ask. The wheels they spin! I have things to say beyond textile-y / fiber-y stuff. Hope Y’all will stick around!
Leaving you with something to make you smile… my 4mos old grandson
I leave the Southwest and go North to the Midwest. I missed the snow in Austin but I got more than my share – 12″ – here
blizzard blowing in
Compared to the 1″ in Austin that my son and granddaughter had fun in
Snow Biking! ©S.Beth Photography
I’ve stayed warm indoors with this little ‘heater’
Soooo… I was supposed to head up to KC next week to be with my DD. Plans were to get a few leisurely weeks of sewing instruction under her pregnant belt and create some wonderful items for the baby under her pregnant belly. He had other plans.
I was supposed to be there at His birth. HE HAD OTHER plans and came early.
Meet my newest grandson. Isn’t he beautiful??!!!
See you soon Baby Boy!!
2 of 3 skirts completed!
I am not a huge fan of Matchy=Matchy… but for little girl cousins this is cute!
For the oldest girl...less ruffley and a band hem
made from 12 Days of Christmas fabric by Kate Spain